ACNE: Do you really know that there are actually a lot of ways to treat adult acne i:e acne treatment? , I guess you don’t know.
Having pimples happens to almost everyone, but then that does not mean that you have to give up just because you tried out a few things and it did not work. Before you treat adult acne you have to understand properly why and how it occurs.
Let me start by telling you that we have many sebaceous glands in the skin that normally provides lubrication, but when stress and hormones come together, they actually form Clogs, this is according to Marina Peredo a dermatologist in New York.
These bacteria actually cause inflammation in the skin which makes it possible for Acne to form, and that makes your skin flare-up.
With this introduction, let’s quickly go down to the ways of getting rid of pimples on your face. These 6 ways will at least help you to get a smoother face.
- Try To Keep Your Hands Off Your Face:
It has been agreed by almost all dermatologists that you should not pick at your pimples. This actually seems tempting right? Yea, try to avoid it pls.
Dr. Doris Day the author of 100 Question And Answer About Acne warns that when you keep picking on your pimples, it will take longer to heal and it is more likely to scar.. this simply means that, it actually causes more harm than good to pick pimples.
- Be Very Careful When It Comes To Home Remedies:
You must have heard about using toothpaste, lemon juice, and even Windex to remove pimples, well, if you don’t know about them before applying, you will end up getting a dark spot after use.
For the purpose of this content, we will be talking about these three home remedies used in treating Acne and how unimportant they are.
- Toothpaste: it contains an ingredient known as Triclosan, this ingredient has antimicrobial properties, actually the thought was that it will help to reduce the level of Acne_causing bacteria which helps in treating pimples by reducing inflammation. Now listen up, according to Dr. Zeichner, Triclosan causes some skin allergies, and because of this it has been removed from most of the toothpaste, hence toothpaste is considered not useful when it comes to treating pimples.
- Lemon juice: Dr adds that the use of lemon juice is not just irritating, it also has a harsh effect on the skin, therefore it is not advisable.
- Windex: he also warned against it.
Dr. Zeichner warns that one of the surest ways of removing pimples naturally is by simply applying tea tree oil, but then he advises against applying it undiluted to the skin.
- Try to apply a warm compress:
The simplest way to soothe your skin is by applying warm heat when you feel blemish, this will also help to squeeze out the oil on your face and make it dry, hence it reduces pimples.
Wash your face regularly with water:
there is no doubt that your oil gland is very much active all day and at all times, when that oil comes together with dirt, makeup, and even pollution, it can simply be a recipe for clogged pores and blemishes. So it is advised that you wash your face at least 3 times a day.
find a way to always apply light makeup:
Do you actually think that applying heavy makeup to cover up your blemishes will make them go? No no no, it does not work that way. make it lighter and thank me later.
Don’t forget to use mineral makeup instead of oil-based products, these oil-based product concealers and foundation can block pores, you can actually go natural(makeup-free) for like 3 to 4 days, this will make your pimples go faster.
Watch your Diet:
According to Dr. Zeichner, sticking to a low sugar diet and also avoiding cow’s milk and whey protein helps in exacerbating acne, this simply means that you should watch what you take.
Before getting any acnes gel, simply read through and understand the cause that pimple breakout on your face .